Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bacon!!

My boys LOVE bacon. It is disgusting. They could eat bacon for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a million snacks throughout the day. I personally HATE bacon (so does Mekenzie), but I decided to oblige and make them breakfast for dinner. I take great pride in my cooking. I love to cook and my family usually enjoys everything I make, there are usually very few complaints. So tonight we were running a little behind with a science fair project needing to be done, haircuts, Kellen's "flush" still not done, Kelly and Mekenzie needed to leave for a project and everything else that is waiting to be done.
I threw some bacon in the microwave and some in the pan then fried up the eggs. I kind of forgot about the ones in the microwave.... here is what happened!

The kids all had a good laugh and were amused by the bacon "brick". Luckily I had salvaged some that was frying up in the pan (yes, I bring home the bacon, and fry it up in the pan!), and they were all happy. I even saw them sneaking some of the hard bacon, peeling off the paper towel cooked to it, and trying to chew it! They are going to really appreciate dinner tomorrow night.... no matter what I make it can't be this bad!!

No comments: