Monday, February 2, 2009

Martin Luther King Day



This morning as I was going over some of Camden's Papers from school, one of them stood out. It was his "I Have a Dream" page. In celebration of Martin Luther King day the kids all wrote their own dream. Here is Camden's:
I Have a Dream...
I wish Kellen would get better so I can play with him and so I don't have to take out the trash and do all the dishes. And I also want to play his Play Station Portable. And his MP3. And so he could go to bed at the same time as me. And so he can also not always have junk food like me. And also be healthy like me.

This is so sweet, in a way. Especially if you read between the lines at his dreams for Kellen's health, and not just him being so overworked! Camden is so kind hearted and hates to see others struggle. I am off to get a tissue!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! that paper is a keeper.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you updated your blog. I know you said you weren't going to until....but what a great post. All of your kids are awesome!

Jennifer and Clay said...

That says it all, doesn't it? Kids...so humble and honest. I hope Kellen is feeling better soon, too.

Stefani said...

Yay, you're back!! :) You have the sweetest kids.