Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Breaking the Rules!

My kids are precious. No, really precious! They are so [over] protective of me lately and what might seem cute is really not so cute anymore. Let me explain.... Other then sips of water I am not supposed to put anything in my mouth,(except gum, I think, but I am not going to ask....just in case they tell me no)!! This is a big rule. They want my stomach to heal so when I eat, it has to work and can't heal. If I even considered eating anything, before my hand actually got to my mouth Mekenzie, Kellen, or Camden would have tackled me and taken whatever I THOUGHT I might want to eat out of my hand (this might have happened once or twice).
You don't realize what a habit eating is. I get up every morning, pour my cereal, and eat while I read my email. When I get home from work I eat my lunch while I check my Facebook. Dinner is a family event at our house, I cook and we eat together as a family. Breakfast and lunch have been bareable to miss. Dinner is another story. I have to go upstairs while my family eats, it is sad but the only way I can do it (and I sit on my bed and sob feeling sorry for myself....ok enough with the dramatics).
Tonight everyone but Mekenzie and I went to bed early (yeah!!). We love our time together!! I really wanted some cheetos - really, really bad. I found some "Munchie Mix" in our cupboard and figured I would "suck" on the cheetos. Do you know how hard it is to "suck" on cheetos?? I think one or two (they were the size of pencil lead by the way, no big, good cheetos), might have slipped down my throat and into my tummy. Shhhhhhhh.... don't tell my kids, they will have my stomach pumped!!
Are you wondering if I felt satisfied? I had to have Mekenzie bring me a medication for nasuea. NO, it wasn't worth it. Next time I'm going for something better like See's Scotchmallows, my favorite treat, so when I am sick I will have at least snuck something good!! Ugggggg!

1 comment:

Dave-Sherri said...

I gotta give it to ya girl I would have a HARD time doing that how long can you not eat????? good luck in my prayers