Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The ER, a CT Scan, X-Rays, and a Sick Day

This is a small description of our past couple of weeks. I was not going to blog since sometimes our lives seem like a big joke - a little unbelievable. Hopefully it is the time of year but we just cannot get healthy around here. It started with me being sick. Not just any sick but I-can't-even-get-water-down sick. I ended up at the ER with an X-ray to confirm a bleeding ulcer. I have had ulcers before, even bad ulcers, but they all pale in comparison to this ulcer. I have been miserable!
Then Kellen has been not feeling well so he had a CT Scan (he has crohns disease so it is not uncommon for him to have a CT Scan to see what's up), they called us the next day and told us he was too backed up to see what they needed to see so we needed to do a clean-out. He does not like clean-outs! Since he has been out of school for a week we decided to get it done. We don't think his clean out worked too well so it was an x-ray today and now we wait!
Now Kelly has been sick. He actually took a sick day! I believe this is the 2nd time in our 16+ year marriage he has taken a sick day. It looks like just a really bad cold, but it is really getting him down!
Luckily Mekenzie and Camden are such good kids they are trying to give us a break and be healthy! They are awesome!!!
So now it is a lot of B-12, Vitamin C, Aiborne, a Scope of my Ulcer on the 29th, and who knows with Kellen - nothing will surprise us with him! We will keep trudging along looking forward to some fun in the weeks to come! Wish us luck (we need it)!!!

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

My goodness Cindy! I hope you don't mind that I hopped over to your blog, wondering what you've been up to. I'm so sorry to hear how the rain is pouring!

I'll call you tomorrow, maybe Camden could come over to play with Annalee and Collin if that would help a little.

Diana said...

I wish there were something we could do from so many miles away - but I guess the best thing is to send lots of love your way & let you know your family is always in our prayers! Hope the scan turns out good - keep us posted. (Lots of Love! Diana, Matt, Chloe, & Jordan)