Sunday, October 5, 2008

San Fran

Kellen's 5th grade class went on a field trip to San Francisco this week. I went with him and it was a good time! We started off getting on a "fancy bus" not a school bus. It had a movie playing, the kids had all of their electronics, and it was air conditioned! We drove 2 hours to the Exploratorium. If you have never been there and you live in Northern, CA you need to go!!! It is a great "hands on" museum with awesome science stuff. They were even dissecting a cow eye and a sheep brain!! I had a group of 3 boys and they thought it was awesome (I thought it was awesome)!! We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and it was not nearly long enough. I plan to take my kids back when they are off track, it was that awesome!
From the Exploratorium we went to the Golden Gate bridge and walked the approx. 2.5 miles across. That was one of those things that does not sound fun but was actually really fun! It was a great walk for me, about 1/2 way Kellen decided he might not be able to make it (he has been sick). I tried to explain he had no choice we had to just keep walking. We were one of the first groups to make it across and then we collapsed on the bus, took the 2 hour ride home, and got home just in time for dinner and bed! When I got off my foot it really hurt I took off my shoe and had a quarter sized blister! Kellen was exhausted and took 2 days to recover.
It was a really fun field trip, we might just do it again with the whole family!

No comments: