Thursday, November 13, 2008

This is why we don't do fundraisers!

I am a big supporter of our school. Everyone at my house does there part to help out. Mekenzie included (she helped out with the Harvest Festival a couple of weeks ago). We do not do fundraisers. We write a lot of checks out to the school, we do our part in many other ways but we do not do fundraisers. So when Camden came home with the See's candy fundraiser I said no. Then I looked at it and saw a few of the things I normally buy for a little less money. So we fundraised (again it started with ME writting a check). The money and order are due today. I stapled the form and handed it to Camden yesterday while making dinner telling him to put it in his backpack. Today I remind him it is due tomorrow and he cannot find it!! This was a "collect as you go" fundraiser so not only the order but the money is missing. We have a lot going on right now. It is an extremely stressful time at our house right now. We spent a good part of our day tearing our clean house apart, (it is no longer clean), to find the stupid fundraiser. In between all this I am making dinner, doing laundry, packing for Kellen's trip to the hospital tomorrow. Kelly is working, helping to pick up behind the mess we are making, and going through bags in garbage. Even Mekenzie is pitching in while doing homework and helping with the dishes (she is a good kid!) It is crazy!
We took apart all of the garbage, every bedroom, bathroom, and even then kitchen. We moved every couch, table, and chair. We did not think we miss a spot in our house. I had to run an errand with Mekenzie so we left. Kelly continued the search.
Amazingly Kelly found it this evening in the bottom of Camdens laundry (where he puts all his clean and dirty clothes). He is my hero. Next time we are not doing the stinkin' fundraiser, I will just write a check to the school. It' so much easier!

No comments: