Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to the real world!

We have been thrown right back in to the real world!

Kellen was sick when we got home on Sunday and was still not feeling better on Monday so he stayed home from school. He was so miserable that when I had him at the table doing homework he would just fall fast to sleep, right at the table. It was sad but, a little funny at the same time. Poor kid. He is running for B track President at school and wanted to get his posters up so he picked himself up today and dragged himself to school. I am not sure he was feeling a ton better but he made it today (he did put himself to bed at 7:00 tonight).

Camden came home from school yesterday sobbing. I knew he was tired so I tried to talk to him only to find out he was in some extreme pain coming from one of his teeth. I looked in his mouth and he had a big hole (Mother of the year!) He was in for a cleaning in March and is not yet due for another but in that time a huge hole grew (could it be his lack of brushing??) I called the dentist and luckily they got him in today.

Mekenzie has had a tooth bothering her so I took her too! Mekenzie's was some sensitivity (thats my girl, sensitive!). Camdens needed a double filling and possible baby root canal. I told them just to pull it but, I guess that seemed insensitive to the Doc as he explained that it causes even more problems (again, mother of the year!). Did I mention we just barely paid off the last dentist bill??? I tried to get the dentist, (a good friend of ours), to tell him it was because he is not brushing good. That backfired as he explained he would not have any buisness if he brushed better - so go ahead an keep NOT brushing! Nice!
Finally, Kelly's car was having a small problem with the brakes on our drive home from Tahoe (it was scary!). He works out of his car, (we dont live out of his car yet, he just works out of it!), so I insisted he take it in as soon as possible. He took it to the shop today. $530 later the car runs like new. I wish I could get Kelly to run like new for only $530. Seriuosly! A little break? I was hoping we could ease back into our "real world". Guess not!!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I feel your pain on the dental issue! Kacee finally had to go to the surgery center last year for her mouth!

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy Anniv! You guys are awesome, I'm glad you had a good time and I'm glad you have this blog so I can keep up with your family since I never see you anymore. ;)
Love ya ~ Susie