Saturday, August 30, 2008

What did we do before computers???

It has been a little stressful....one of our most important pieces of technology has not been working.....it is our lifeline to the outside, link to what is going on in the world, to our friends, family, and to work (although I did not miss that so much), and finally it is always there when we get bored, sad, or anxious. My computer (internet) has been down. I did not realize how much we would miss it. Kelly even came home early from work on Friday and...get this....he just sat here. My kind boss is allowing me to work from home. No work is getting done but no need to worry, it will wait.
Not knowing what to do. I continually hit the internet button over and over hoping for a small miracle, it never occurred. Kelly, (my hero), tried everything. Comcast could not come out until Tuesday so he went to Frontier thinking he would change service. They told us they could come out on .. Tuesday. So he decided he would go and buy a modem. I got on the phone with Comcast to connect it and for some reason there was an error and they said it would take a few days to work out the kinks, it should be working by......you guessed it Tuesday. At that point I was NOT happy. This machine is a big part of our family life. In fact it is safe to say our whole lives are on this computer. Phone directories, calendars, banking ( I even put off a shopping trip becasue I was not sure how much $ I had - scary!), everything!!! So when the nice lady at the other end of the phone told me our last option failed and it would be Tuesday I might of overreacted a little. I politely, yet firmly explained that, that would not work for me. I would need a solution before getting off the phone with her. She gently said she did not know what she could do. After I explained I needed it for work and other inportant info (I did not say so I could go shopping!), she still had no answer. I told her that I was not going to be able to wait until Tuesday so whoever she needed to talk to find a solution I would wait. I did wait about 10 mintues until a mystery appointment opened up at between 2-4pm (it was 1:30). A miracle, or annoyed customer service rep. What ever it is, I will take it...I am off to shop!

No comments: