Sunday, September 21, 2008

Apple

Does anyone out there have an I-Pod, I-Phone, or other Apple Product? Following is a warning!!!!
Mekenzie got an I-Pod Nano for her birthday last year. We ordered it online and it is still under warranty. It has been giving her some trouble so I gave them a call. The lady on the other end of the phone asked me to do a few things to it, I did then I handed Mekenzie the phone and she asked her a few questions. Neither of us could understand her most of the time and she was so frustrating!! She decided that there was something wrong with the battery and it needed to be returned to be fixed. She gave me 2 options: #1 Send it back to them, it could take up to 8 weeks or #2 take it to the only Apple store miles around and have them fix it. Because I love Mekenzie and realize she might actually die if she was without an Ipod for even a day so I decided I would do the later and take it to the store. I make my appointment for 11:30 the next day (Friday). Now it has been a long week. Not only has Camden had the whole tooth thing going on, Kellen has been up at night in pain, plus it is the busy time at my work and on Thursday I already have 14 hours overtime so it is important that I get in and out within a reasonable time. I walk into the store and there are approximately 1 billion people in the store, there is NO room to even move around. I check in with the "Concierge" at the "Genius Bar", it is 11:25. They tell me to go ahead and get a Coke or something because there are 12 people in front of me. Are you kidding me??? I go and buy some shoes, (trying to calm my nerves), I call Kelly who assures me I do not have to wait and he will figure something out (that is why I love him!), then I go back. I think I am now #14 in line (they flash it on a screen in order to remind you, you are now stuck there as your name slowly creeps up to #1). I wait, and wait, and wait all the while getting so excited every time I see my name move up a slot!!
Finally "Chris" comes and tells me it is my turn! ( I think I had drifted off to sleep or something!). He takes the I-pod and does a few things then proceeds to tell me the Ipod is messed up and needs to be replaced. I again have two options. Option #1 He can replace it right there and I can walk out with a new one now. Option #2 since it has a inscription I can call Apple and have them replace it with the inscription and they will send it back to me - It would take 3-5 days. The inscription was a big deal, we have a saying at our house "Everyone Needs a Mekenzie" and I really wanted it left on the back for her. I leave telling him I will call Apple and send it back. I go home, hours later, barely making my hair appointment.
I get home, and email Apple. They will let me send it back but they are going to charge me $29. I call them and explain what "Chris" tells me and she says they have to charge me. So they sold me a faulty product, and now want me to pay to return it when it is under warranty? I am confused. Not only that but they now want me to pay another $39 for the extended warranty in order for them to replace it. So I explain how I am confused that I can go to the store and get one for nothing. In order to get it replaced from them (the same people) I have to pay $68???? I tell them thanks for nothing and make another appointment at the Apple Store. This time for when Kelly can go with me, we will make a date of it!
Saturday comes and we go to the Apple Store. I warn him what he is in for, as to not surprise my very impatient husband, we WILL be waiting! We get there check in with our "Concierge" at the "Genius Bar" and wait. We are #2!!! Kelly stand there "people watching" and claims this is everything that is wrong with the world (there was a little bit of EVERYTHING at the store today). We wait for 15 minutes, get "Chris" to again help us and walk out with a new I-pod without the inscription (I am going to get it on there somehow, I am thinking pink sharpie!). Mekenzie is happy, I am happy, and Kelly is vowed to never go in an Apple store again. That might be hard since I am asking Santa for an I-phone. I won't be holding my breath!

No comments: