Thursday, September 25, 2008

Haircuts!!!



It is that time a month where everyone needed haircuts. Kelly has been trying to get me to be the barber around here for probably the last 14 years! I decided that with the great economy I could help out by giving haircuts to the boys. I went out and purchased some "sweet" clippers (that is what the boys called them) and then started with Camden. He is easy a #2 all around then the trimmers for the sideburns and neckline, (a little down his back too, he is HAIRY!). A little pat on the back, I did a good job and saved us $10. Then Kellen. A little harder, he likes it short in the back and a little longer on top (#2 and #4). I started slow and took my time, again success ($$cha-ching$$). Last it was Kelly. Now to my credit it is 10:00 at night (I go to bed at 9:30). I have been working 15 hour days and still taking care of my 3 children - keep that in mind. I did not want to cut Kelly's hair, it was not part of the deal, he is quite particular with the hair he has - he likes it a certain way and does not like it messed up. I started to cut, it started well enough. I was trying to blend the back to the top and my hand slipped a little...... I explained to Kelly (after accidently saying "oops" quite loud), I was thinking it was time he go a little shorter (oh, crap!). He was a kind and gentle and has not once said a word. It is a little bit shorter, (o.k. a lot shorter), but we still saved another $13 a good $35+ dollars with haircuts and a tip. Good for us. (Sorry Kelly, I really love you ALOT - with or without hair!)

No comments: